THIS ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT APPLIES TO THE KENT & MEDWAY VRU WEBSITE.
This website is run by Pillory Barn Design Ltd and the Police Crime Commissioners. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website, and on a variety of devices. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some content and functionality provided is not fully accessible.
- Some of our online forms are difficult to navigate and fill out using just a keyboard or screenreader
- Some PDF files and documents are not accessible
Feedback and contact information:
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille – please contact us. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in ten working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website:
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility:
Kent & Medway VRU is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with Regulations.
This website is partially compliant with WCAG 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below:
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- Third party applications
- Some online forms
- Downloadble PDFs and documents
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations:
Third party applications:
- We are currently reviewing our third party applications and working with suppliers to improve accessibility
- We cannot guarantee accessibility standards with third parties
- Online forms
We are currently reviewing these and working to improve accessibility.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations:
PDFs and other documents
- The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our service
- Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will aim to meet accessibility
What we’re doing to improve accessibility:
- We carry out regular accessibility testing applying WCAG 1 AA standards.
- We do a combination of automated and manual
- We welcome feedback from all our users
Preparation of this accessibility statement:
This statement was prepared June 2023. This website was last tested June 2023, conducted by Pillory Barn Design Ltd.