Helping make Kent & Medway a Safer Place
The Kent and Medway Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) is a partnership between the police, local councils, health service providers and other key agencies to deliver a reduction in violence to the county.
Police and partner agencies working together in helping to lift vulnerable young people out of a life of crime.
Working with the community
Taking a partnership approach to bringing about positive change in our community throughout Kent & Medway. You can find out more about the reality of violence in Kent & Medway from our recent projects.
Extra funding secured
Young people supported
County Lines reduced
40 to 29
Innovating and collaborating to keep communities safe
By signing below, we are making a public promise:
- If we are in possession of a weapon, we will dispose of it safely
- We will never wield, or use, a weapon of any type that could cause harm to anyone
- If we feel we don’t have options, we will ask for help
- If someone we know has a weapon, we will report it
- We will always strive to behave in a non-violent manner
- We will encourage and support our friends to join us in these promises